Friday 19 September 2008

I'm a PC...the rejoinder to the stereotype.

Sometimes it's not necessarily how much you spend on a campaign that grabs attention or changes perceptions.

For me, the great thing about 'digital' is being' 'clever', not necessarily 'cool'. This week, Microsoft have validated this notion in withdrawing their $10 million campaign (featuring Bill Gates and Jerry Seinfeld) and then launching a much simpler (and in many people's opinions more effective) messaging campaign that responds intelligently to the successful Apple "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC" ad campaigns.

"I'm a PC" aims to break the geeky stereotyping by showing a series of video clips from PC users around the world including members of the public in a variety of jobs and celebrities such as 'Desperate Housewives' actress Eva Longoria, author Deepak Chopra and musician Pharell Williams who all say proudly "I'm a PC".

Added to this, there is also a microsite that allows you (the general public) to also stand proud in announcing your PC-affiliation. So if you ARE a PC, why not join the throng!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.