Friday 12 September 2008

End of week one - Collective impressions



I joined Collective on Monday so I thought now would be a good time to put down some first impressions of week 1.

For those that don't know the history I used to be a client of Collective's in their early birth. The Collective style of working at the time really appealed and their work was creative, productive and refreshing. Enthused by this experience I ventured off to agency land elsewhere to try my hand at life on the other side.

So, I've now come round to Collective again (or come home?), not quite full circle as I won't be working in the autos sector anymore, instead I'll be looking after some of the fantastic clients they've been working with recently.

What this week has shown is that the spirit of collaborative working has been retained despite the growth in size of the last few years. In the agency's early days it was probably a necessity to get things done, but now with around 50 people, folks here still genuinely seem to recognise the value of sharing and lots of involvement in creating the work... having 'Collective' over the door is clearly a help but the culture seems to have it ingrained. I guess if you share the responsibility and rewards and everyone knows the client this helps.

Only area I've spotted in the agency where the spirit has lost its way is the dishwasher, which retains individual mealtime neglect.... can't think of a digital solution to this, but maybe a brief is out there for it.

Still, week one nearly complete. Looking forward to picking up the account bag on Monday already... and making some Collective glory.

No comments: