Thursday 7 August 2008

Collective Culture Shocks*

Tea party

* danger: high voltage

This week we’re ...
...thanking Leila for our Friday Afternoon Tea Parties
... having our cake and playing with it
... travelling east for Field Day fun times
...appreciating real ale at the CAMRA beer festival
...reading about The Greatest Sci-fi Movies Never Made – including James Cameron’s ‘Spider-Man’ and Schwarzenegger in ‘I Am Legend’


Collective Guess Who
Told you this week’s would be harder! (Answer to be posted in comments)

1. Who would you invite to a dinner party?
Tom Waits, my grandparents, and the guy who continually parades down Sutton High Street dressed as Gandalf.

2. Which two things could you not live without?
My Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season Three DVD box set and a good 2B pencil.

3. If you were an animal which animal would you be?
I avoid animals. Certainly wouldn’t want to be one. If you twisted both my arms and pinched my left ankle, it would have to be something extinct. Just to freak people out when they see me walking around. Let’s say a zombie dodo.

4. What is your earliest memory?
Playing with my Star Wars figures on my lonesome well past bed-time. I was probably six. Some things never change.

5. What was your first ever album?
‘Psychocandy’ by The Jesus & Mary Chain would be a lie. ‘Read-along-with Bambi’ would be the reality.

The walls have ears...
Farhan: “So Kenta, why did you join Collective?”
Kenta: “Mostly for the free bread. They didn’t give us bread at my old company.”

4 comments:

katie said...

definitely a tougher guess who.. Jon Haywood?

Anonymous said...

Is his name hyphenated?

Barry said...

Based on T-shirts, I'm going for Michael...

Anonymous said...

Definitely Michael Jason...